About the AskHistorians Archive Observer
This is an unofficial archive of the subreddit /r/AskHistorians. It's
ad-free, works on
mobile, loads fast, and doesn't need JS.
- Full-text search
- Collapse comments
- No AutoMod comments
- Only shows posts with actual answers
Posts are sorted in reverse chronological order and filtered to show only those with accepted answers. It only contains
posts made after 2014-01-01 for now.
Made by Rafael with 🦀. Check out my other projects:
- knakk, a solitaire game with a twist
- Song Sonar, a spotify playlist with releases of artists you follow
The source code is available on GitHub, where
you can report bugs and request features as well.
You can also find me on lemmy if you don't have a GitHub account.
The project is pretty much done for now. I'm actively reviewing pull requests, and I might revisit it in the future if
enough people request changes :) Here are
some ideas for improvements:
- Show nested comments
- Other ways to sort posts, like upvotes, number of answers, chronological order
- Option to hide read posts
- Add posts from other subreddits like AskScience
Your Own Subreddit Archive
You can generate your own site
for another subreddit! Have a look at the README for instructions
on compiling the project - hit me up on lemmy
if you'd like me to upload pre-compiled binaries.